California Faience

Tileworks

Chauncey R. Thomas founded The Tile Shop in Berkeley, California in 1913. Rebranded as California Faience around 1915, the studio produced architectural and decorative tiles, vases, bowls, and jars until 1959. In 1921 they received a commission from Julia Morgan, architect of the Hearst Castle, to produce tile used on the exterior of the buildings.

QwkDog Hearst Castle California Faience Stairs
QwkDog Hearst Castle California Faience Stairs
QwkDog Hearst Castle California Faience Stairs
QwkDog Hearst Castle California Faience Window
QwkDog Hearst Castle California Faience Tile
QwkDog Hearst Castle California Faience Tile
QwkDog Hearst Castle California Faience Tile
California Faience Decorative Tile